SEE HOW STAND-BY™ WORKS!
An in-depth analysis of physical activity of both professional and amateur sportsmen practising endurance sports shows that such activity is characterised by variable parameters, where such actions as dynamic starts, rapid changes of direction, sudden deceleration and acceleration, and also covering long distances at a time with varied speeds are smoothly intermingled with one another, thus building up the total high intensity of physical exertion. In such conditions anaerobic mechanisms of energy acquisition are supported by aerobic processes which in effect become the main source of energy generated by the body for the performed work. As a result, proper supplementation should include high-quality products suitable for endurance sportsmen, allowing them to maintain high levels of anaerobic and aerobic energy performance (e.g. ENDUGEN™).
However, the main focus should be paid on creating appropriate nutritional conditions (advanced supplementation) which allow the most rapid recovery of the body after intense physical activity and help to achieve supercompensation of energy reserves (carbohydrates) and building blocks (proteins).
The best results are achieved mostly as a result of persistence guaranteed by proper nutritional regime and recovery of the energy reserves. Intense physical activity causes damage to miofibrils, significant depletion of energy reserves (muscle and hepatic glycogen) and also fatigue of the nervous system. Appropriate times of consumption of properly prepared meals are vital to physical performance during workout and post-workout recovery. Since the onset of fatigue the body starts intensifying recovery of energy reserves (regeneration of glycogen reserves) and protein synthesis in order to restore damaged miofibrils.
This recovery period is called compensation (Fig. 1). If the post-workout restitution process is proper, it is possible to achieve supercompensation, i.e. additional formation of building and energy blocks in the muscles compared to the normal physiological level. And this the goal of every workout.
As soon as supercompensation is achieved, the next step is to prepare a workout programme so that physical exertion takes place at the peak of supercompensation, thus enhancing workout possibilities and ensuring more rapid progress.
Fig. 1. Supercompensation cycle per workout unit.
Adapted from: Bompa Tudor O, et. al. Periodyzacja. Teoria metodyka treningu. Biblioteka trenera, Warszawa 2010.
An ideal method for accelerating supercompensation is to use personalised supplementation based on the most advanced trends in dietary support designed for endurance sports.
Fig. 2. Ideal distribution of supercompensation.
Adapted from: Shea J. Fatigue, recovery, and supercompensation
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE, RELY ON THE BEST QUALITY!
Undoubtedly, all of these requirements are satisfied by energy gel for post-workout use: STAND-BY™ recovery gel with Endurance Sport™ / Olimp Sport Nutrition®:
- perfect concentrated source of energy designed for physically active people, for use after intense physical exertion,
- 1 serving contains as much as 45 g pure carbohydrates from as many as 5 sources with different absorption kinetics. As studies (1) show, consumption of highly absorbable carbohydrates after workout helps to significantly accelerate the recovery of muscular glycogen compared to when this macroingredient is not present.
- More than 10 g of highly absorbable proteins in the recommended daily allowance.
As studies (2) show, consumption of proteins immediately after workout may help to accelerate synthesis of proteins in muscle cells by as much as 291%.
Fig. 3. Impact of protein consumption and physical exercise on the nitrogen balance in the body. Combination of physical activity and proteins consumed immediately after workout brings the best effects in terms of the nitrogen balance in the body which may be linked with the greater synthesis of proteins.
Adapted from: Poole C. et al. The role of post-exercise nutrient administration on muscle protein synthesis and glycogen synthesis. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2010) 9, 354-363.
- According to research study results (3,4), simultaneous intake of proteins/amino acids and carbohydrates in the form of e.g. STAND-BY™ recovery gel helps to accelerate the synthesis of muscle proteins to a much greater extent compared to carbohydrates alone.
- STAND_BY™ recovery gel contains also branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs).
The most recent clinical studies in humans (5) show that branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) help to reduce post-workout muscle damage in the form of lower creatine kinase blood plasma level (Fig. 3) and reduced local muscle pain (Fig. 4), enhancing muscle recovery.
Fig. 4. Concentration of creatine kinase in blood plasma before and after physical exercise.
Adapted from: Howatson G., et al. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2012, 9:20
Fig. 5. Delayed muscle soreness before and after physical exertion.
Adapted from: Howatson G., et al. Journal of the InternationalSociety of Sports Nutrition 2012, 9:20
- The other ingredients of the product have fully synergistic effects in supporting metabolic processes related to protein and carbohydrates conversion (vitamin B6, vitamin B12, magnesium). Antioxidants (vitamin C, E) help to protect cellular proteins against degrading effects of free radicals which are generated in large quantities during prolonged physical activity. Additionally, vitamins C and E may help to reduce the delayed muscle soreness (6).
- Sodium ions (Na+) play a significant role in rapid hydration and recovery of water and electrolyte balance in the body after intense physical acitivty (7)
1. Walberg-Rankin, J. Glycemic index and exercise metabolism. SSE 64-volume 10 (1997), Number 1. pp 5.
2. Poole C. et al. The role of post-exercise nutrient administration on muscle protein synthesis and glycogen synthesis. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2010) 9, 354-363.
3. Borsheim E, et. al. Effect of an amino acid, protein, and carbohydrate mixture on net muscle protein balance after resistance exercise. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism 14, 255-271, 2004.
4. Tang, J.E., et. al. Minimal whey protein with carbohydrate stimulates muscle protein synthesis following resistance exercise in trained young men. Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism 32, 1132-1138, 2007.
5. Howatson G., et al. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2012, 9:20
6. Greenwood M. et al., Nutritional Supplements in Sports and Exercise". 2008.
7. Cox G. Nutritional strategies to maximise recovery following strenuous exercise.
ENDURANCE SPORT™ - THE SECRET OF CHAMPIONS!
Ingredients: glucose syrup, water, glucose-fructose syrup, collagen hydrolysate; citric acid, malic acid, sodium citrate- acidity regulators, magnesium citrate, L-leucine, L-valine, L-isoleucine; sodium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride- preservatives, aromas, sodium carboxy methyl cellulose – thickener, L-ascorbic acid - vit. C, DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetale – vit. E, nicotinamide – niacin, cyanocobalamin – vit. B12, pyridoxine hydrochloride- vit. B6, colour: beta-carotene.
||1 sachet (80 g)
||2 sachets (160 g)|
|Nutrition value||857 kJ / 205 kcal||1714 kJ / 410 kcal|
|Protein||5,1 g||10,2 g|
|Carbohydrates||45,4 g||90,8 g|
|of which sugars||9,2 g||18,4 g|
|Fat||0 g||0 g|
|of which saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|
|Sodium||88 mg||176 mg|
|L-leucine||125 mg||250 mg|
|L-valine||62,5 mg||125 mg|
|L-isoleucine||62,5 mg||125 mg|
|Magnesium||57 mg (15%*)||114 mg (30%*)|
|Niacin||8 mg (50%*)||16 mg (100%*)|
|Vitamin B6||0,7 mg (50%*)||1,4 mg (100%*)|
|Vitamin B12||1,25 mg (50%*)||2,5 mg (100%*)|
|Vitamin C||40 mg (50%*)||80 mg (100%*)|
|Vitamin E||6 mg (50%*)||12 mg (100%*)|
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.
A varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are recommended.
The product should not be taken during pregnancy, breast feeding and hypersensitive to any of the constituents of the product.